Sunday, October 6, 2013

Writer’s Conference



 Well, I’m off to a writer’s conference this week, and I have to say, that I’m very excited. It’s the Omega Writer’s conference that is being held in Brisbane. Omega Writer’s is a group of Australian and New Zealand Christian writers. I know I’ll learn so much and meet amazing people.

Another plus to this trip, is spending time with family that we haven’t seen in years. It will be lots of fun. And to top it all off, we’ll be in a warm place again. It’s has been so cold here and we’ve all be sick with the flu for the past ten days and we’re all feeling just horrible still. I really hope we get better before Thursday, because flying with blocked sinuses is not fun.

The first day of the conference, I’ll be taking a master class in Y/A (young adult) fiction and fantasy. I’m more interested in the Y/A part then the fantasy part, but who knows, I might get hooked on writing fantasy.

My husband and I are going to be attending the ‘gala’ awards ceremony. I’ve never been to an awards ceremony before, so it should be pretty fantastic. And, I hope it will be another chance to mingle with more writing people.

I’m going to pitch my story to a publisher, something that I’m quite nervous about, but also, really thrilled about. It will be good to see if I can get this particular publisher excited about my writing. Hold breath.

There are going to be some great speakers at the conference and also editors and publishers, so hopefully, it will be a good opportunity to make some more contacts.

Yay. So, it’s going to be great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment