Monday, January 13, 2014

After the course


I just finished my ‘Writing Picture Books’ course and I can officially say that writing picture books is hard work! I applaud anyone who even attempts it. My brain feels full to overflowing with all the information I’ve been cramming into it over the past six weeks. I feel like I’ve been given the tools to take my writing further.
I’ve been doing my writing courses through ‘The Australian Writer’s Centre’, if anyone is interested. They do a great job.
I have decided that I’m trying to do too much with my writing at the moment. I’ve got stories galore on the back burners and they’re all from different age groups.
I’ve got to figure out how to focus on one thing at a time, without getting distracted by everything else that I’m interested in exploring.
So maybe I need to actually plan my year out and try and finish something instead of starting and starting and starting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment