Saturday, August 23, 2014

Getting back into it: Finishing what I’ve started


Getting back into writing is a struggle. I put aside my writing to pack up our house in country Victoria; travel around speaking about what we’re doing with MAF, move to Cairns, settle in, as much as possible with no permanent house and watch Matt go off to full-time work, while I stay at home with our two energetic boys and return to full-time mum. I’ve found it very difficult to find the time and energy to even think about my writing.
Where do I start?
When do I write?
What was I writing about?
What I’ve concluded is that I have to finish what I’ve started. I am so good at starting things and never finishing them; starting off a book or a Bible study, reading ‘how to write books’ and yes, starting to write a book and getting scared about how to finish.
So, my first task that I’ve assigned myself is to finish all my unfinished projects. I finished reading the book of John (great book). I’m about to finish reading one of my ‘how to write’ books and Psalms (also great books) and I finally worked up the courage to look at my book in progress again (hopefully a great book).
So no magic formula, just one step in front of the other to finish what I’ve started. I'm hoping this will be my springboard back into writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment