Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The 3am Epiphany

I am beginning to realise that writing takes over my life. I think about my story ALL the time. The other night I was snuggled in bed, it was warm and cosy. Outside it was freezing cold and incredibly dark. My mind was literally buzzing with ideas about how to make my story better. I had the perfect intro epiphany, then my mind started going through all the niggly little bits of the story that I wasn't sure about and tidying them all up.
It was soooo annoying because I couldn't sleep. My mind was alive and my body was saying no, no just stay in bed.
I tried to fight it, I tried to go back to sleep. But everyone knows that perfect ideas that come to you at 3am vanish by morning. So, finally I dragged myself out of bed, put on my slippers, my fuzzy warm bathrobe and trudged down the cold, dark hallway to the living area. I turned on the light getting to my manuscript, I sat down and wrote out all my ideas.
After my brain was drained, I went back to bed and fell asleep. It has happened before that I have felt the need to get out of bed more then once in one night. I should probably have a notebook by my bed but that would mean I would have to turn on a light and thus wake up my husband. So, middle of the night trips down the hall will continue for the foreseeable future.

No comments:

Post a Comment