Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Writers Conference

I had the opportunity to attend a The Word Writers conference for Australian Christian Writers in Melbourne last Saturday. It was an awesome time. I was able to meet some real life authors and even a publisher. The topics they spoke on were really helpful both from a writing perspective and also information about what is happening in the publishing and marketing world.

Talk about feeling like I had a full brain afterwards. I was exhausted but it was amazing. One of the things that was so encouraging was hearing again about how supportive and encouraging Australian Christian Writers and also Publishers are of each other.

Going to conferences like that one is a great way to start networking and becoming known by people in the industry. I'm excited to be attending the Omega Writers conference in Brisbane in October as well.

I'm starting to feel very patriotic about Aussie authors and building up the writing scene here in Australia. We've got some great authors and fantastic books out there.

A great place to discover books written by Australian authors is www.lightthedark.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment