Wednesday, April 22, 2015

I Love Christmas Carols


I love Christmas carols.
I love listening to them,
I love singing them.
I think we should sing them all year around and not just at Christmas.

One of my favourite things about Christmas is being able to
turn off all the lights,
sit in the glow of the Christmas tree
and listen to carols.

The other night I got to sing a few.
Jack, my three year old, was having trouble going to sleep.
A cockroach had fallen out of the air conditioner onto his bed earlier in the day and he was convinced that it was going to happen again.
I don’t blame him.
I can’t stand cockroaches.
Yuck.
His bedroom light was off and he was lying in his bed.
I started to sing Silent Night and O Holy Night and then O Little Town of Bethlehem.
As soon as I started singing
I was flooded.
You know; hope, anticipation, excitement, peace.
Like something amazing is about to happen.
Like I can start all over again, new.

And that is why I think we should sing Christmas carols all year around.
Because those feelings are for everyday and not just once a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment